New Fraud Protection Service
In our continuing efforts to keep your accounts secure, we’ve improved our alert system for potential fraud.
Here’s how it works:
- When potential fraud is detected, you will receive an automatic email notification from Pacific NW Ironworkers Credit Union, with the option to reply with “fraud” or “no fraud.”
- One minute after the email, you will receive a text alert from 32874 between 7am and 9pm EST, which also has the “fraud” or “no fraud” option. (*Please see below.)
- If there is no response received from you, five minutes after the text alert, you will receive an automated phone call to confirm or deny fraud. The calls will also give the option of speaking to a fraud analyst.
IMPORTANT REMINDER: Our messages will NEVER ask for your PIN or account number.
*The new phone number for our Fraud Center is 1-800-417-4592. If you add this number to your phone contacts and label it “Fraud Center,” it will display if you get a call concerning possible fraud alerts.
Tips for Avoiding Identity Theft
- If you use public computers, like at the library, be sure to log out of any sites that you are conducting transactions on.
- Change your passwords every six months, be sure to make them unique, and use a string of both letters and numbers.
- Do not respond to emails requesting personal information such as bank account numbers, PINs or social security numbers. Legitimate companies will not request such information online.
- Shred, shred, shred! Shred old bank statements or other documents with personal information – especially those pre-approved credit card offers.
- Don’t carry your social security card in your wallet.
- Check credit card and bank statements EVERY month for unauthorized charges.
- Order a free copy of your credit report every year from annualcreditreport.com.
Remember: Pacific NW Ironworkers Federal Credit Union will NEVER call or email you asking for per- sonal account information. If you receive a call or email asking for this information, please call us at 1-877-769-4766 to report it.
FREE Online Banking
Online banking gives you the option to skip the time-consuming hassle of traditional paper-based banking. It’s a quick and efficient way to manage your finances 24-hours a day–securely and confidentially. 24-hour account information, transfer funds, view checks and account history, instantly view your statements and tax information. Once your online account is set up, you can set up Bill Pay, Direct Deposit, E-Statements, and more.
Your money is safe and secure
All deposits are federally insured up to $250,000 by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA), a U.S. government agency. The NCUA is the federal agency that administers the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund (NCUSIF).
The NCUSIF is a federal insurance fund backed by the full faith and credit of the U.S. Government. Not one penny of insured savings has ever been lost by a member of a federally insured credit union. If you have more than $250,000 on
deposit at Pacific NW Federal Credit Union, ask us how you can maximize your coverage.